Sunday, January 4, 2015

Feeling nostalgic...

My tree is down and my grandmothers ornaments are safely packed away.
I never look forward to putting these treasures away after the holidays.
The kids have flown back home to Wisconsin and I am feeling nostalgic.
I want to still be surrounded by memories, and things that make me smile.
So I found some old treasures to put out in place of the holiday pieces.
I wanted to leave the antique truck out - then remembered the stitchery Taylor made when he was 7...
He even signed the back
If you haven't seen this adult Golden Book you are missing out!
It is filled with pictures from the golden books our parents read to us as kids.
(These are sold at Paper Source at the Fashion Place mall)
Why I can't get this picture to rotate - I don't know...
  Then it was time to fill up the shelves that had the 
Prairie Schooler  pieces on them...
The animal needlepoint at the top was stitched by
Joy (nana) and Taylor
The apothecary next to it is filled with the super balls the boys collected for years.
Tanner was my Lego guy...
This is a Curious George kaleidoscope - I'll be using that each time I pass by...
 We have so many Toy Story toys...
Seems now that the kids are grown, I reminisce more about their childhood. 
I had to stop myself from hanging up the birth samplers.
...Feeling nostaligic...

No comments: