Friday, August 20, 2010

Blackbird's Honeysuckle Manor


I have been stitching like crazy...I have finished 4 projects out of this book so far. I just love Blackbird designs. I decided this book was perfect for box designs. We are carrying paper mache boxes now in a variety of sizes. They are really fun to get creative with. Carolyn and Lynn have been playing with the boxes also. I will post some of their creations in a later post. I stitched this piece titled "Summer House Pincushion" using Herb Garden Belle Soie silk on a 11 x 11 inch cut of 36 count flax linen. I love the green color. I finished the box with beautiful scrapbook papers and the ribbon I found was perfect.
I hand stitched it in a gather about 1 inch apart and each gather is adorned with a row of tiny beads. I love detail!



No comments: