Monday, March 7, 2011

Stitch along...


How about a stitch along?

Karen and I both wanted to stitch this French design and need to encourage each other along. We are meeting on Tuesdays at the shop to stitch and chat, and work on our pieces. We have chosen to work on a 36 count summer khaki linen.
Our homework, after picking out our fabric, the stitch count and the thread, is to stitch the deer. We chose the tiny stitch count so that we could work with one strand of floss. I have a hard time with white stitches looking perfect. I don't know why, but they always seem to show the slightest imperfection in my stitching, and heaven knows that there is more than slight imperfections in my stitching. I tend to rush my way through things. I think this will be a really fun piece to do and for sure I will have it done and framed in plenty of time for the holiday!
We would love to have you join us.
This picture really doesn't do the work justice. It is just a copy of the cover, really I didn't frame this piece, and whoever did should be ashamed!

No comments: